Students will do research in the research field of bioanalytics and microanalytical systems.
Main topics are following:
- Microarray-based immunoassays for pharmaceuticals, toxins, and microorganisms
- DNA microarrays for pathogenic bacteria and viruses
- Microdispensing and microfluidics
- Surface chemistry on glass, plastic or gold slides
- Immunomagnetic separation
- Synthesis and characterization of immunomagnetic nanoparticles
- Microfiltration and ultrafiltration
- Crossflow filtration
- Monolithic adsorption filtration
- Bio- or chemiluminescence detection
- Real-Time PCR
- Flow Cytometry
- Reference analytics (HPLC-MS, GC-MS, IR, Raman, Fluorescence, UV-VIS...)
Internship: Students are invited to ask for special lab classes.
Bachelor and Master thesis: Students have everytime the chance to prepare a bachelor and master thesis depending on free lab capacities.
PhD thesis: Students can prepare a PhD thesis here depending on current projects. Ask for it!
If interested, please contact PD Dr. Michael Seidel per email: michael.seidel(at)ch.tum.de.