Institute of Hydrochemistry

Chair of Analytical Chemistry and Water Chemistry

 

Director: Prof. Dr. Martin Elsner

 

History

The Institute of Hydrochemistry and Chemical Balneology was established in the year 1951 as balneological institute at the University of Munich in order to "deal with the questions of bath science by means of scientific research". After splitting and integration into the Technische Universität München "these tasks remain ... untouched" (Bayerisches Gesetz- und Verordnungsblatt Nr. 14/1967, page 404). The Institute of Hydrochemistry and Chemical Balneology and the Chair of Analytical Chemistry and Water Chemistry is thereby an identical unity, with Prof. Dr. Martin Elsner as director.

IWC_TUM_Image1
IWC_TUM_Image1